Popular Posts

Monday, May 24, 2010

It means the End

There is a spirit of mourning in our house, this morning. One of my favorite shows, Lost, has come to an end. One of  the most entertaining aspects of the four hour dedication to this history making show were the " Last transmissions" that people were able to write in to the show. One of the fans wrote " all of these years, all I've had are questions. All I've  wanted are answers. I guess I didn't know that when I got them, it would mean the end." I thought many of the tributes were creative and used aspects of the show to pay homage to what the show has meant to them.
I couldn't help but think about my life as a christian when I thought about this tribute. The more mature I become in my knowledge of the Lord and the application of His Word to my life, the more questions I have. On May 14th, I celebrated my 14th birthday, spiritually speaking, that is.  It was easier when I was a baby Christian. I could take whatever I was told and believe it as the truth. But, now, it causes me to test it against the nuances of Scripture to see if it is a correct interpretation. I have more questions about the Bible and about the nature of Christ now than ever in my history as a Christian. As much as I long for answers, I realize that with those answers means the end. The end where I see my Savior face-to-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment