Popular Posts

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Finality of the Finale

The lights dim.
The applause grows.
The stars illuminate the stage.
Then, in a moment, it is gone.

That's how I feel when I watch the season finales of my favorite TV programs. in one moment,s I am whisked away into a world that I will never visit on my own, and grace stages I will never step foot on in this life. Then, the winner is announced, the confetti falls, the cheers deaden, and the adventure is over.
All that is left if the hope that the fall will bring new ways to escape the mundane among the fallen leaves and cold winds.
For a few months we become a part of a culture where office cubicles become a place for belly laughs, vampires come Alive at midnight, and the neighborhood bar becomes the place where life altering decisions are made.
Then, quicker than the click of a remote control, it is gone.
Until next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment