I was watching How I met your Mother the other night, and was struck by Ted's character working through his baggage. The last thing the narrator states before the episode concludes is "Everyone has baggage." I suppose that is true. but, isn't God bigger than that? Are there flaws and hurts in past relationships that we can carry with us that are more pervasive than God's rejuvenating work in our lives? Didn't Jesus die while God was in Him reconciling the worked to Himself (as stated in 2 Timothy)? So, if God lessened Himself to be in His son in an effort to restore the relationship of His people to Himself, can't we do the same?
Isn't it time to let go of the baggage?
What is the baggage in your life that God is asking you to drop?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
Just wanted to share this little poem I found in a book I got at a tag sale called "Portrait of Jesus" I wanted you to be as insp...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I have been filing my paperwork to get my CDA for my job renewed. I also had them review my transcripts to see if they could find 12 credits...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
No comments:
Post a Comment