Popular Posts

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Looking at the World with Jesus' Eyes

I know it is hard around this time to see the world the way Jesus sees it.  People cutting you off while driving, pushing ahead in lines, etc. is enough to make anyone crazy! 
I am reflecting on a video I watched recently where a guy is going through the normal routine of life with some difficulty: getting cut off, long line at the coffee shop,, and then someone hands him a a pair of special glasses. He puts the glasses on and boom! he magically sees everyone with subtitles underneath. Like the guy who cut him off in line " is having trouble making ends meet", or the guy waiting on him at the coffee shop " has a fear of commitment." It makes the main character see people differently, the way Jesus would want him to look at the world. 
I was able to spread a little Christmas cheer yesterday by getting some shower gels from Bath and Body Works and i gave them to the consignment shop workers that work at the shop I frequently enter. I know it isn't much, but they were floored at the fact I thought of them that day. They have a thankless job ( much like me!) and get very little appreciation for what they do. I just wanted to show them I appreciate them for their hard work.  Just trying to spread a little cheer to people i meet.....
I encourage you to spread a little Christmas cheer this season, even to people who don't deserve it. After all, didn't our Savior do that for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment