A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I must take a moment and praise God today for all He is doing in regards to my writing. I have been faithfully blogging, writing magazine ar...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
Friday, January 21, 2011
Drunk Monkeys
I was just watching on TV a study that they have done on monkeys and they have observed that monkeys have the same drinking patterns as humans. But not just any drink, I mean alcohol. they said 20% of the monkeys they studied drank too much and after investigating their brain, saw that they were losing their mind ( or brain mass) after excessive drinking. Although I initially questioned why we have this much time on our hands to be studying drunk monkeys, I further questioned what this tells us as humans who live in a society where drinking is not just accepted, but in some cases abused, particularly those who are too young to drink it. Does this mean we need to craft new laws to prevent people from abusing this, or merely educate students from a young ages about alcohol's potentially hazardous effects? Either way, I guess it shouldn't shock us as a nation anymore when we flip on the news and see people under the influence acting like "animals"...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment