A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
Friday, March 12, 2010
They were devoted
According to Merriam Webster's dictionary, the word devoted means " to commit by a solemn act", " vow". That word reminds me of the vows I took on my wedding day. I promised to love, honor and cherish my husband, to stay loyal to him, through thick and thin, 'till death do us part. Those are serious words, and ones too often we take too lightly. Similarly, the Early Church " devoted" themselves "to the apostles' teaching, to the fellowship to the breaking of bread and to prayer." They were in it and were willing to stick by each other through thick and thin. However, as Christians, we think it is OK to flit in and out of churches whenever the worship changes styles, or the pastor changes, or we don't like the color scheme. This is simply not how the model of the church is supposed to be. Think about it. If we stuck by each other no matter what, wouldn't people be drawn to us? Wouldn't people want to go to church, and have a relationship with the One, whom emulated by His people during their most difficult trials?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment