Popular Posts

Monday, March 22, 2010

Devoted to the fellowship

Some of my closest friends are not from my workplace, or school or even within my family. Some of my closest friends have and are in my church. And that is the way it should be. According to the Early Church, they were devoted to the fellowship. When you are devoted to something, people know it. They become closer to you and share more intimate thoughts with you. This builds a level of trust that can only be achieved with self- disclosure.
Jesus' method of discipleship included sending people out two by two. I can only imagine the bonds that form when you are walking with someone in and out of towns.
It seems fitting that if you are devoted to the fellowship of your church, those bonds will form with those people, too.
What would it take for you to be devoted to your church fellowship?

No comments:

Post a Comment