Some of my closest friends are not from my workplace, or school or even within my family. Some of my closest friends have and are in my church. And that is the way it should be. According to the Early Church, they were devoted to the fellowship. When you are devoted to something, people know it. They become closer to you and share more intimate thoughts with you. This builds a level of trust that can only be achieved with self- disclosure.
Jesus' method of discipleship included sending people out two by two. I can only imagine the bonds that form when you are walking with someone in and out of towns.
It seems fitting that if you are devoted to the fellowship of your church, those bonds will form with those people, too.
What would it take for you to be devoted to your church fellowship?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
No comments:
Post a Comment