Has anyone seen the movie The Social Network? It tells the story of how Facebook got its start. I was not familiar with the story before I saw the movie, so I was shocked to finally understand the reason behind it. After viewing it, I wanted to stop using Facebook altogether. Given that the main reason it got started was that it was an extension of a website that matched girls on his college campus by which one was "hotter", I was a bit offended by it. But, then I quickly became thankful for it. Why? What other website allows me to proclaim the gospel to all of my friends in a matter of seconds? What other website has allowed me to reconnect with people I haven't seen in many years just by the push of a button? Although the motivation behind the site might not have been the most pure, God, in His great mercy and redemptive nature allowed His name to yet again be praised to all nations. After all, if Facebook were a planet, it would be the fourth largest in the world.
Thank you, Mark Zuckerburg, for allowing God to use you as an instrument of His righteousness to redeem that which was lost.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
-
I went onto Youtube the other day and watched Adam Lambert's performance on Oprah. now, I'm embarrassed to admit I actually liked th...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
We do what benefits us the most. If we were honest, we would agree with that statement. I know I do. Not all the time. But sometimes. I wish...
-
It id funny what leittle moments can do to make you thin kabout your relationship with God. Tired from a long day at work we convened for d...
-
Pastor Bill Huegel preached at our church a few weeks ago, and he spoke about the Lord's prayer. He explained what the passage on how to...
-
Choose life in the midst of death- John 5: 19-23: " On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four day...
-
If you feel included while others are excluded, you don't have true community. If you hang out with the same people, and never venture ...
-
It has been 3 months now since I sent out my book proposal to David C. Cook publishing and I have not heard anything yet. I'm hoping thi...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
No comments:
Post a Comment