I was reading a book called the Kingdom Experiment, based on the Beatitudes. This chapter is based on the Beatitude " Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth." I have always equated the word meek with attributes like timid, weak and soft spoken. According to this book, the Greek word used to translate it to the word meek, has been also used to describe a gentle breeze or a broken colt. In other words, it is spirit under control.
Have you ever heard the word meek used in this context?
It's like bridling a gale force wind or wrestling a bucking bronco.
Did you know Moses was considered the meekest on the earth?
Would you be considered the meekest on the earth?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
No comments:
Post a Comment