I made an unexpected trip to Starbucks last Sunday with an agenda. I wanted to get a good chunk of writing done after church. I came prepared with all that I needed, including my books computer, and best of all, my headphones for my i-pod. I love nothing more than to shut out the world with the background noise of my music entertaining me while I wade through commentaries and resources. I set my table out and got ready to begin. I bent down and searched through my bag looking for my headphones to no avail. A bit miffed, I started flipping through pages with only the drone of the piped in tunes that has given Starbucks its appeal. Then, something quite unusual happened.
A police officer that had come through the door saw my book's outside cover and asked me if I was doing something with art. When I replied no and explained that I was writing a "religious" book, he said " I read the DaVinci code once. That's as about as close to religion as I get." A woman, who had overheard the exchange, asked me what I was working on. After my reply,she wished me luck and applauded me for attempting such a huge undertaking. A few moments later, a man sat next to me at the adjacent table. When he spoke to the nearby woman about his computer, he remarked that he was a writer. The woman said to him, " She is a writer, too. You two should talk." This then led into a forty minute conversation,in which he gave me lots of information about opportunities in the area, as well as some insights into the writing business. I left the exchange feeling like it was a God moment. This would have been one that I had missed, if I had my headphones on.
But, with my headphones off, I gave God room to move.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I must take a moment and praise God today for all He is doing in regards to my writing. I have been faithfully blogging, writing magazine ar...
-
It has been 3 months now since I sent out my book proposal to David C. Cook publishing and I have not heard anything yet. I'm hoping thi...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
Awesome, Michelle. It's always exciting to know God is active and concerned for our lives. Who did you meet?
ReplyDelete