I dropped my son off at preschool today and his teacher told me a funny story. She said Caleb drew a picture of me with all of these circles around my head. When asked what the circles were, he said " All mommy's brains." She said " What does she need those for?" He replied "because she has to think of everything!"
That pretty much sums it up. Working, writing, church, etc. is making feel like I'm running in all different directions. I guess I need a few more "brains" to keep it all straight!
I'm sure you all have felt that way at one time or another. I obviously have as well. One thing I do to help keep it all straight is make a mental list of the things I need to accomplish.Iwork on them until they are done. If I can't get it to all, I make a written list, and file it away until the next day. It helps when it is out of my "brain" and onto paper, so I don't have to expend energy thinking about it. That helps me a lot.
But, I could use a few more "brains".......
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I must take a moment and praise God today for all He is doing in regards to my writing. I have been faithfully blogging, writing magazine ar...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
No comments:
Post a Comment