Do we?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
The second reference that John uses to refer to himself as " the disciple whom Jesus loved" is at the crucifixion. Jesus tells his mother that that John is now her son and she is his mother. the fact that Jesus refers to him as his brother is HUGE. When Jesus refers to Peter and reinstates him back into the fellowship, he uses 2 forms of Greek word for love: phileo and agape. The first two " feed my sheep" commands are agape, but the last is phileo, or brotherly. Jesus is basically saying to John " You get it". You're are my disciple. He entrusts his own mother, to John. The Scripture follows by saying John , from that time on, took her into his home. John's life is changed by this statement. He took Jesus's words seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment