Another thing Adam Lambert lacked was honesty. If he was proud of who he is, why didn’t he come forth with his orientation from the beginning? He had every opportunity to express himself, yet he chose to hide behind his façade in the hopes of finding fame and fortune instead. He cared more about making a statement on the AMAs than about the obvious talent God has given him. The unfortunate part of the whole situation is that in the same effort to shock his onlookers, he gained notoriety rather than authenticity. In a two minute performance, he became unrelatable. And those same fans that once looked at him with stars in their eyes, now look away and cover those of the teenage girls that stand by their sides. His album debuted at number 5 on I Tunes, and then fell away. His Oprah performance did not garner any more media attention that his album needed to boost sales , which I’m sure for which he secretly longed.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment